- Fixed automatic updates. Users still need to download this version from the website to install,
but future updates should be available automatically when using SooSL.
- New indexing category - 'Sign types'.
- New indexing system for 'Motion' category.
- Language used in SooSL for menus, tooltips, etc., can be either 'English' or 'Español'.
(Other languages could also be supported.)
- Better support for complex scripts, such as Myanmar and Thai.
- New dialog when SooSL first starts, offering:
- choice of project to open
- choice of language for menus, tooltips, etc. (currently 'English' and 'Español')
- Fixed major issue with "Import Project" tool which 'corrupted' some video and picture files when importing a project into SooSL.
- Fixed an issue where a currently opened project would be 'corrupted' if a "Create New Project" operastion was cancelled before creating a new project.
- Updating SooSL from within SooSL no longer requires an email address.
- Order of senses can now be changed.
- Released under new license - GNU GPL version 3.
- A sign may be selected by scrolling through the finder list with the Up/Down arrow keys and pressing either the 'Spacebar', 'Enter' or 'Return' key when you have selected its corresponding gloss.
- Glosses in the finder list no longer move to the left, out-of-sight, when selecting the dialect column.
- Standardized use of square and round selection controls throughout SooSL.
- Review and update of help files.
- Updated Help documentation including fuller "What's New?" pages.
- SooSL can now display more than one written language at a time, removing the need to switch back and forth between languages when viewing or editing projects.
- SooSL now remembers what keyboard layout goes with each language. The keyboard will automatically change to the correct layout when editing text.
- The Edit Text Settings (was Edit Languages) tool now has more options for adjusting text settings. These include:
This tool is available by clicking the blue spanner/wrench icon (top right) and then clicking on "Edit Text Settings".
- Search language - change written language used in the finder list when searching for signs by gloss.
- Show/Hide a language - set which language texts are displayed.
- Set font size used for each language.
- Set keyboard used for each language.
- Change display order of languages.
- Delete a language.
- The controls for changing language and changing font size have been removed from the main program window and are now included in the Edit Text Settings tool described above.
- When adding or editing text (glosses, sentences, explanatory text) you no longer need to double-click on these text fields first, and they now appear with a border around them when in editing mode.
- When in viewing/search mode a "???" will appear where text has not been added for a language, both in the gloss finder list on the left-hand side of the program window and in the main text panel on the right.
- The Edit Dialects tool now includes an option to show or hide the abbreviation for the focal dialect. This tool is available by clicking the blue spanner/wrench icon (top right) and then clicking on "Edit Dialects".
- Improved dialogs used throughout SooSL for locating and selecting video, picture and project files.
- Upgraded verion of Python used for programming from 3.3 to 3.4.
- Included newer version of VLC used for video display.
- Included newer version of FFmpeg used for transcoding when saving sign videos.
- No need for username and password to access website, http://www.soosl.net.
- Bug fix: Project corruption following a cancelled project import.
- Fixed bug preventing exported projects from being imported.
- Improved performance and feedback when saving signs.
- Improved layout to more clearly separate glosses/senses.
- Multiple glosses for the same sense may be separated with a semi-colon (;).
They will each appear as separate glosses in the 'finder list' on the left side of the program window.
- Icon for adding new sentences moved from top of program window to below last sentence for a gloss/sense.
- Font size can now be adjusted for each written language separately.
- Added automatic crash and error reporting features.
- Added new icons to 'tools menu' for sending feedback and reporting errors.
- Existing face/head icons have been replaced with a different and smaller set of icons, each with a much broader meaning.
These represent movement of:
- whole head
- forehead & eyebrows
- other non-manual movement
Existing projects will be updated with the corresponding new icons, if necessary.
- No more "Duplicate File" dialog when adding videos or pictures. Duplicate filenames are now
prevented by automatically appending a unique id to the filename when added to a project.
- Files for sentences, explanatory videos and pictures can be reused by choosing them from
a project's directories. Any existing text associated with the file will also be offered for reuse.
- Files for signs may be chosen from a project's directories, but they will be copied instead of
shared to keep signs unique. (1 sign = 1 video file)
- "/" and "\" are invalid characters when creating, importing and exporting projects and will produce errors.
Their use is now prevented for these tasks.
- Fixed an error which prevented users from adding extra textual information to a sign.
- There is now the option when exporting a project to export it as either "Read/Write" or "Read Only"
depending on whether the author of the project wishes others to be able to add and edit sign entries
or only view them.
- Fixed problem from 0.8.1 which prevented import of projects on new installations.
- Brings version number in-line with Apple Mac version.
- Unable to save signs without gloss - fixed.
- Main program window was still accessible during save when it should be disabled - fixed.
- When text is too wide to display fully, dots replace some of the text, now on left side for right-to-left layouts.
- If closing SooSL while editing give option to save or abort.
- Corrected identical glosses from being selected together in left-hand listing.
- Notification of program updates at start of SooSL if Internet is available.
- Ability to download and install updates through program.
- Revamp of tools accessed by the blue spanner/wrench icon in the top, right corner of program window.
- New Project tool
- Edit Dialects tool
- Edit Languages tool
- Edit Sign Types (part-of-speech) tool
- Improved feedback when importing or exporting projects; able to cancel import/export.
- Improved resizing of video window.
- Added tool for changing font size of written languages, to right of language name along top of program window.
- New icon for leaving editing mode. Red cross "Cancel or Abort Editing" replaced by Blue door "Close Editor".
- Removed lock/unlock icons until password protection fully implemented.
- Removal of 'heel' symbols from handshapes; redundant for indexing signs in SooSL.
- Multi-line editing for sentences and extra-text.
- Audio removed from videos.
- Combined two hand locations into one; 'Hand (non-dominant)'.
- Combined two wrist locations into one; 'Wrist'.
- Touch locations added for each side of neck.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for some common tasks. To see the correct keys to use for your keyboard, place the mouse
over the tool icon to view the tooltip. More details in Readme.txt.
- Major Bug Fix - a default project directory wasn't being created in some cases, preventing new installations from
creating new projects.
- Fixed code which prevented editing of 'glosses' and 'sentences' with previous upgrade to Python 3.2.5.
- Altered code to ensure that path to video player is correctly found.
- No new features.
- Fixed code which "may" prevent import and opening of sample database.
- Update to Python version used. (3.2.5 - 3.3.2)
- No new features